Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's up with new media?

This is me pretending to be Jesus.
Hi. How are you? I'm Emily, what's your name? Let's be friends. 
I'm a student at Slippery Rock University (you can check out the school's home page here) studying Communication with a track in Digital Media Production. I'm also working for the school newspaper as the Multimedia Reporter where I bring my creepy/awkward self out for the rest of campus to see and be freaked out by. But it is a cool job, I get to talk to random students and make them feel uncomfortable as I film them. As for my reason behind taking this class, New-media journalism, I thought it would be a great class to learn more about not only journalism but how to share information through other mediums than just writing. I'm more of a film/photography type person when it comes to showing people something I want them to see or sharing information. Working as the multimedia reporter has given me a chance to work with video mixed with news which is really fun and an entertaining way to share information to others. If you would like to see some videos I've worked on to get a better idea of what I do, visit the multimedia page on the online rocket site.

As a kid growing up, I remember being handed LIFE magazine in my first grade class, in which I would always just skim through the pictures because I didn't like reading as a kid, and I actually still don't which is horrible to admit. But what entertains me about LIFE is mostly the nostalgia that comes with it from looking through them as a kid. I was a weird child and anything that reminds me of being a kid again is automatically a favorite of mine. Another new-media outlet I find myself reading a lot from is MTV News because I love reading celebrity news, especially about the music world. I love music like it's going out of style. It's something I can't live without. Whenever I discover a new band that I find really incredible musically, I have to know every personal detail about their members, how the band started, where they're all from and so on. I also read a lot of news on One Direction because, let's be real, they are life. They are perfection. Don't deny it. You love them too.
Just check out this article on 18 truths 1D fans in their 20s relate to and it'll help you visualize me as a person. 

And there you have it people, there's a few things about me and what I do and what I like. If you have similar interests, hopefully this blog will be something you'll look forward to reading and viewing. And don't be shy, come say hi to me on my Twitter and Facebook, I use social media too much for my own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment